Balzan Gem Laboratory will prepare your Appraisals/Valuations using the highest industry standards and equipment by professionals with proper credentials.
You can count on us to:
- Identify gemstones as natural, treated, created or synthetic using industry standards. We can utilize advanced laboratory equipment for analysis in special cases.
- Electronically weigh colored gems or estimate them by formula. We can also remove gems from their mountings for actual weights upon request.
- Electronically weigh, measure and proportion grade loose diamonds using Sarin Technologies. We can also remove mounted diamonds from their mountings for a Sarin Technologies grading upon request.
- Utilize Diamond Sure to aid in the separation of natural, treated, and synthetic diamonds.
- Plot, clarity, color and proportion grade diamonds over 1/2 carat.
- Take photographs of gems and jewelry. We can also accept special photography requests for special reasons.
- Determine metal content, metal weights and total mounting weights in various measurements: carats, grams or pennyweights.
- Compare and explain major Gemological Grading Systems.
- Give valuation definitions along with the appropriate value and explanation of intended use for your purposes.
- Diamond Grading Reports
- Colored Stone Reports
- Expert Witness
- Jewelry Repairs